Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow day number 2

I am really not sure why we aren't school but it must be bad in the country but most of our students are in town. I don't know, no school and I realized yesterday I thought our make up day was going to be June 3, nope June 4. This one will be June 7. I won't be there. I will either have just had a baby or be very unhappy that baby has not come yet.
Anne and I ran a few errands this morning and had lunch with Daddy. She held up one of her french fries and said, "Mommy this is a fish pie." At first I was confused. I thought she was confused with her chicken strips then I realized she was mispronouncing french fry. She is growing and learning so much. I think she has actually put on some weight which is good in that she can finally wear her 2T clothes bad for pregnant Mommy who already has backaches and has to pick her up. She loves to sing and is constantly singing. I love it. She crawls up on the piano bench and pounds on the keys while singing. Sometimes it is a real song and sometimes it is completely made up. One night she was making up a song and Gerhardt and were dying laughing on the couch because it was so funny. She stopped, looked at us, and said, "That was a good song!" She loves to read books and many of our books she can now read to herself because she knows them by heart. She can recognize her letters most of the time and knows what sounds they make. I know my daycare provider works with the kids a lot on this. She is not as good at her numbers. She can count to twenty but doesn't recognize the written numbers as well. She loves to hug her stuffed animals and Ludwig. Wolfie still runs in fear. Ludwig gets so much love that he really doesn't want. Sometimes we hear Anne yelling, "Ludwig (actually she says Wudvig) come back!" She is sleeping in her big girl bed most of the time and has figured out she can get out of it and play with toys on her own. She doesn't get out at night but naptime is interesting. One day I told her I would be back to check on her and if she wasn't in bed Mommy would be mad. Well, when I checked on her she was in bed. She had 4 puzzles and several other toys on the bed and was having a great time but she was on the bed and hadn't left it. She could reach all those things from her bed. Now, I have to say Mommy will check if you are napping. Sometimes she is out of bed and makes a mad dive for the bed like I won't notice or something. Today she was very tired and went to sleep right away though.

No comments:

Post a Comment