Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anne at Oktoberfest

Last night Gerhardt and I were supposed to play with Herbie's Little German Band at Oktoberfest in Burlington. We were going to take Anne to some friends of ours who have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. We were running late. We told them we would drop her off around 3:30. We were supposed to play at 4:00. Well, it was 3:45 when we got there and no one was home. I think they forgot! I am not sure what happened. So, we had to take Anne with us. I thought we would just take turns playing. I told Mike I would try playing with her on my lap but didn't think she would stand that for too long. I was wrong. She sat on my lap for 45 minutes then went to Gerhardt for 20 minutes. What a good little girl! It was interesting trying to play with her in my lap and I took some of the notes down an octave so I wouldn't damage her hearing. The man from the newspaper took her picture and asked what her name was but it wasn't in the paper today. Oh well, I was worried I would be puffing my cheeks or something a band teacher shouldn't be doing. They fed us for free and I filled my plate but didn't get to eat much of it. Anne is a true German girl. She loves Sauerkraut and German Potato Salad. She ate most of mine as well as all of the applesauce. I got a pork chop and a piece of strudel. Then she danced to the music and had way too much fun! Gerhardt works with the newspaper photographer's wife and is going to see if he can get the picture. There were many other pictures taken also last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment